Skip to Content (Press Enter) Skip to Main Navigation

Search Western Teacher by topic

Articles from Western Teacher

28 May 2024
I teach in the global north and though I have been exposed in many ways to the global south education and teaching context, I understand that my reality could be vastly different for others - context matters in education.
28 May 2024
The more things change, the more (some) things stay the same.
28 May 2024
As a beginning teacher, you are given three years (less 28 days) to transition from provisional to full registration with the Teachers’ Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA).
28 May 2024
Be informed and have your say on your EBA.
28 May 2024
From the Vice President: The SSTUWA continues to remain steadfast in its efforts to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in their fight for justice and equality.
28 May 2024
School leaders have reported high levels of resilience despite facing the worst recorded levels of physical violence, threats of violence and bullying in the 13-year history of the annual Australian Principal Occupational Health, Safety and Wellbeing Survey.
28 May 2024
National Reconciliation Week is a time for all Australians to learn about our shared histories, cultures, and achievements and to explore how each of us can contribute to achieving reconciliation in Australia.
28 May 2024
Cranbrook in Sydney’s east is one of the most elite boys schools in Australia. In March, the ABC’s Four Corners program aired claims some female teachers had been bullied by male staff and sexually harassed by students.
28 May 2024
Public schools in Western Australia educate proportionally more than twice the number of students from low socio-educational advantage backgrounds, compared to private schools and 2.7 times the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
28 May 2024
The Australian Education Union (AEU) has urged the nation’s education ministers to make real progress on public school funding, with new research revealing the urgent need for the additional investment to lift results and combat debilitating teacher shortages and declining student and teacher wellbeing.
28 May 2024
At a time when the future funding of public schools is being determined by negotiations between the Commonwealth and state/territory governments, a groundbreaking new research paper shows that increasing funding for public schools has positive impacts on student achievement and attainment.
28 May 2024
The Australian Education Union has welcomed news that the NT and federal governments are committing to full funding of public schools and said the investment was urgently needed.
28 May 2024
From the Senior Vice President: On 23 April, SSTUWA members stood together to bring home to the employer the seriousness of members in their pursuit of better working conditions and an improved salary.
22 May 2024
From the President: Your actions on 23 April were critically important and resulted in a far better offer presented from the employer than had previously been on the table in negotiations for the 2023 General Agreement.

Search Western Teacher articles